Bhai Dooj Gifts Worldwide
Bhai Dooj involves the ritual of applying tika on brother's forehead by sisters and praying to god for their long life. Brothers in turn bless sisters. Mentioned here are Bhai Dooj wishes to make your day memorable.
Bhai Dooj Wishes
Apart from Raksha Bandhan, Bhai Dooj is a festival that celebrates the loving bond between brother and sister. This festival is celebrated across India, mainly Northern India with different rituals and customs. Bhai Dooj is a mark of affirmation of sisters that no matter what, they will protect their brothers. This festival related to brothers falls on the second day after Diwali and hence the name Bhai (brother) Dooj (second). This festival has many legends associated with it. One such fable is of Lord Yama and his sister Yamuna. On the second day after new moon, Yama went to his sister's place who heartily welcomed him by putting tilak on his forehead and garland on his neck. She even treated him with delicious meal. Delighted by her warm welcome, Yama declared this day as a boon saying that the brother who visits his sister on this day will be blessed with longevity and prosperity. It is also believed that Lord Krishna, after slaying Narakasura, on this day went to meet his sister Subhadra who greeted him with a lit diya, flowers and sweets, drawing a tilak on his forehead as a mark of her sisterly protection. Since then, this festival is of utmost importance in a brother-sister relationship. Mentioned below are some Bhai Dooj wishes that you can convey to your loved ones on this auspicious occasion as a symbol of love.
Bhai Dooj Greetings
- May this Bhai Dooj strengthen our bond more than ever and bring joy and prosperity. Best wishes for Bhai Dooj!
- Brothers are like streetlights along the road,
They don't make distance any shorter but,
They light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.
Happy Bhai Dooj!!
- Your love makes me feel proud.
And on this day I want to shout it out loud.
Happy Bhai Dooj my brother.....!!
- You can understand the things I never said.
You can understand the pain which is not visible to anyone.
You are the best brother....
Happy Bhai Dooj to you....!!
- It means so much to have you around,
As with your presence everything seems just so easy,
God may bless you bhaiya.
Happy Bhai Dooj....
- Bhai Dooj is just an excuse for me to express myself
You mean the world to me. Happy Bhai Dooj!
- You know that you are the most precious stone,
In the collection of my secret treasure
Wishing you very Happy Bhai Dooj
And best of luck for every thing!!
- Like the love of Lord Krishna for his sister Subhadra, all brothers should love their sister and like the blessings of Subhadra for his brother Krishna, all sisters should always pray for their brothers.
Happy Bhai Dooj!!
- The old year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The Bhai Dooj has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!
Happy Bhai Dooj to you!
- You were always my best friend,
Looking out for me, making sure
The path I travelled on was smooth.
Even if I searched the world over,
There cannot be a better brother than you.
Happy Bhai Dooj!